UPDATE - AS OF 6/2/20
Dear Faithful Followers,
We have missed you so much! Saying that these past two months have been different is stating the obvious. We have been blessed to have the technology to spread God’s Word through the internet and YouTube. As the world seems to be calming down, we are looking forward to the day we are rejoicing in the Lord together from the viewpoint of our pews.
The Elders, Pastor, and I met and discussed how to resume in-person services and when. We have come up with a plan that is outlined below. This may need to change as information changes or if any new mandates are given that we will follow for the safety and care of our members. We may need to adjust from week to week, making sure all procedures are set with the safety of our members in mind.
We will open our doors and welcome you all back this Sunday, June 7! We will need your help and understanding of these procedures and the reason we are doing them.
In keeping with social distancing guidelines, we will offer *three services:
8:45am Traditional Service
10:10am Traditional Service
11:30am Contemporary Service
*Our goal is to limit the number of potential members at any one service.
We will also be live-streaming the 8:45am Traditional service on Youtube or you can find it at www.stmatthew.info/live.
SUNDAY SERVICE PROCEDURES
- Enter only through the Church/School office doors and go through the glassed hallway where a hand sanitizer station will be available. Offering plates located in the back of the Church. A limited number of bulletins available at the Welcome Center, as information will be displayed on the screens.
- No passing of the peace or shaking hands. Please respect the 6 feet of distance as much as possible.
- Pews will be taped off. We realize this means you may need to sit in a different pew than usual. Please practice the social distancing guidelines when you are sitting.
- Communion will be given continuously at every service, with individual cups and common cup. Please follow the ushers lead while keeping a distance between you and those around you.
- There will be no hymnals or Bibles in the pews. The order of service and readings will be on the screens.If you have your own Bible or Hymnal you are encouraged to bring them.
- There will be no Sunday Bible Class or Sunday School.
- Elders will clean the pews and other items between services.
- You will exit the Sanctuary using either the overhang doors or the door leading to the small parking lot on Venoy Road. The door leading to the Church and School Office will be used as a waiting area for the next Church service.
- No shaking hands with Pastor at the close of services.
- Please wear a mask as you enter and exit the Sanctuary. It is up to your discretion to wear it while you are sitting during the service.
TUESDAY BIBLE CLASS
We will resume Bible Class with Pastor at 9:30am in the Fellowship Hall June 9. Please enter the School doors next to the Fellowship Hall. Chairs will be spread for social distancing. We will continue to stream/record.
We know everyone wants to be back in Church, but we understand that some of you may not feel comfortable, or want to risk exposing yourself or loved ones. We are asking that if you have any symptoms at all of the illness: fever, muscle aches, cough/cold, or just not comfortable, that you please stay home. If you have a compromised immune system or take care of someone with compromised health, we ask that you stay at home.
If you have any questions about these procedures please give us a call.
Serving the Master Healer,